Saturday, December 1, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: I Have Just Been Named Ms Wheelchair America, 2008!


Well, the past few days have certainly been a whirlwind of surprising events for me! It hasn't quite sunken in yet, but I am happy to announce that as of today, December 1, 2007, I have been officially crowned Ms. Wheelchair America, 2008...

I have a very busy year coming up ahead of me, doing outreach and advocacy work on behalf of people with disabilities all across the country. I will be working hard to spread the word about the accomplishments and achievements of people who use wheelchairs. I will also be trying my best to get representatives from all 50 states to compete in next year's Ms. Wheelchair America competition.

At the same time, I will be advocating for vital programs and services that facilitate empowerment and success for people with disabilities, such as employment, access, education, transportation, housing, health insurance, and more.

I also hope to inspire people with disabilities to remain as active and healthy as possible by speaking about my personal platform: physical fitness for people with disabilities.

Another big part of my role as Ms Wheelchair America will involve disseminating information and resources to people with disabilities as well as to the business, political, and lay communities. To further this end, I have a new blog which I will update daily with news, events, activities and other helpful information. I welcome you to check it out: http://www.mswheelchairamerica08.blogspot.com/.

Please feel free to contact me at any time, and be sure to check out my Calendar of Events link at the bottom of the page to find out about my official appearances and upcoming events as Ms Wheelchair America 2008.

Thank you everybody for all the support you've given me... I'm looking forward to a wonderful year ahead!

3 comments:

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

it looks like a blog for people with disabilities. Let's help to improve the life of handicapped people from India and all over the world.india

Eric said...

Congo...
Keep it up.
-Wheelchair accessories

Unknown said...

I favor this very helpful product www.portashopper.com for mobility impaired individuals to make them comfortable of doing things that they want and can support them in any sports activities.

Thank you :)